The Salvation Army Food Bank assists men, women and children in accessing food through their donated pantry.
299 Pope Road
The Salvation Army Soup Kitchen provides free lunches to those in need Monday to Friday.
The Souris Food Bank serves the Northern Kings area of Prince Edward Island by providing donated food items to those in need of assistance.
The Montague Food Bank serves the Southern Kings and Queens area of Prince Edward Island by providing donated food items to those in need of assistance.
The Food Bank gives out food hampers three times a week to those who need a little extra to get through the month. Food hampers consist of a variety of canned/boxed goods as well as vegetables, meat and fresh fruit when available.
The Soup Kitchen provides healthy meals (lunch and supper) to those in need.
WPCC provides food for needy families in the West Prince area of Prince Edward Island. The food is donated or purchased from monetary donations made to the WPCC. Clients can access the WPCC once a month for an approximately 3 day supply of food based on the size of the family in need. Clients will be required to provide information relating to their place of residence and other relevant information for the database.
- located in the Masonic Lodge (119 Poplar St., Alberton PE C0B1B0 – door from Central St. parking lot)
- open on Thursdays from 10 am - 12 noon
- contact Lynda Leard (902-853-2416)
BLOOMFIELD / O’LEARY:
- located in St. Anthony’s Church Hall (37947 Veteran’s Memorial Highway, Bloomfield PE COB 1E0)
- open on Thursdays from 10 am - 12 noon, & 1st Wed. of the month from 5-7 pm
- contact Rick Cameron (902-214-0302)
- located in the St. Simon and St. Jude Parish Centre (315 School St., Tignish PE C0B 2B0)
- open on Tuesdays from 4 - 5 pm
- contact Linda LeClair (902-882-2559)
- located in the Tyne Valley Presbyterian Sonlight Ctr (853 Canada Rd., Tyne Valley PE C0B 2C0)
- open on Thurs. from 10 am - 12 noon, & 1st Wed. of the month from 5-7 pm
- contact Verna Barlow (902-831-2574) or Doug LeBlanc (902-831-3217)
*Contact names only to be used in emergency situations For general inquiries email <a href = "mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org">Send Email</a>